Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Egg Potato Salad

Last week my friend Debi at Recipes for my Boys posted a blog about a Potato Salad that she came up with... Easter Egg Ricotta Lemon Basil Potato Salad! It is absolutely gorgeous and very tasty! I decided to try it for my Wednesday Night Supper crowd... I had to use the pantry items that I had, so I changed it up a little. I like Debi's recipe better, but here goes!


First, I made up the dye for the eggs...

Then I added the eggs... 
I used clear glasses so you could see them in the dye.

These turned pretty, but the yellow is a waste of time. 
I didn't think about it blending in with the salad, 
so I didn't have enough color!

Not so pretty ones...

I chopped up the eggs. 
They are pretty enough by themselves!

I added mayo, sour cream, a tiny bit of spicy mustard,
lemon, basil, garlic, sweet pickle cubes, and S&P.
I would have added the red, yellow and green 
bell peppers and sweet onion, but my crowd won't eat it!

The result... a big ole 20 lb bowl of
Easter Egg Potato Salad !

Everyone LOVED the pretty potato salad! 
Of course, I had several people make a joke 
about the potato salad that had "turned". (Gone bad)
Ha Ha Ha

Here's a link to Debi's Easter Egg Ricotta Lemon Basil Potato Salad ! It's oh so yummy!!!



2 comments:

  1. I Love It! I smiled the whole post. I bet it was fun seeing the reactions of so many. Of course they would think it had gone bad...I can just hear them. Joyce, what in tarnation is this in my tater salad. Herb...I don't know, you think the egg had done gone an turned bad on her? Let's just eat around them...she'll never notice. LOLOLOLOLOL Love it and You! Thank you Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah! I knew I was in for it when the 1st person in the door was smiling saying "Your tater salad has turnt!" :-)

      Delete