Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

The hubby was supposed to go out of town yesterday, but the job they had scheduled wasn't ready. So he actually got home early... Starving as usual! It was 2:30 in the afternoon! What to cook??? I fried pork chops for a scallopini the other night and could not bring myself to throw out the drippings or the seasoned flour I coated them with, so I made a milk gravy and canned it! I put it in the frig to use later. I decided to use that and started to rummage through the frig. I had a package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage left and some biscuits in the freezer. Viola! Sausage Gravy and Biscuits!


I added flour seasoned with a little basil,
red and black pepper and salt
(about 2 or 3 Tbsp of the flour)
to the pan drippings. Then I added milk
until I got the thickness I wanted.

I boiled the sausage first for a quick cook!
Then I browned it.

I cooked some biscuits... no not homemade :-(
I said this had to be quick :-)

The Hubby wanted his biscuits split and lots of them.
He actually complained that I was putting to much sausage,
and I had to take some off...
Guess who went back for seconds?????

This is mine...
I left mine whole with just enough sausage and gravy!



No comments:

Post a Comment