- We have been having a rough time in the South/Southeast after Hurricane Matthew. North Carolina is continuing to have flooding issues. Here in South Carolina, many people remain in the dark with no power. I am lucky. I have my power back on, but just 2 miles down the road they are still without power. It is possible that they will be without power for a few more days! With that being said, we got a little tired of the grill. I have never missed my stove more! You might think casseroles are boring, but when you even have to grill water, you may understand why a new casserole recipe brings me so much joy!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices cheese (your choice)*
- 12 dinner rolls**
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place hamburger in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and onions are cooked. Drain off fat. Stir in drained tomatoes and cook until heated through. Season with salt, pepper.
Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan. Top with beef mixture & sliced cheese. Finish off with the top half of the bun.
Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan over medium heat until melted, smooth and combined. Pour over the buns.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
* I used American Cheese.** Use Plain Dinner Rolls and not sweet dinner rolls.