Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 14, 2012

Elliott's Favorite Bean Dip



A while back, all the kids came over, and I was looking for something for them to munch on late in the afternoon. I didn't have much in the pantry. I spied a can of refried beans, and I figured I could scrap together some kind of bean dip and chips... Well, they loved it, and since then my son Elliott has been begging me to make it again. Only problem is, I didn't write it down and can't remember what I put in it. So, yesterday I fiddled around with it and finally made the dip that he requested (while jumping up and down in my kitchen, yelling, "Please! Please! Please! Make that dip I like!!!") LOL
Here's what I came up with...


1 can refried beans (or Bush's Chili Beans, drained and mashed)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 sour cream
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
2 T Taco sauce
8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded

1 bag Tortilla chips, Corn Chips or crackers

In a large bowl, mix beans, cream cheese, sour cream, seasoning and taco sauce until well blended, then stir in cheese. Pour into a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking pray. Bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese is melted. Or spoon into individual serving bowls and microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until warm and bubbly. Garnish with tomatoes, avocado, green onions and black olives if you like... Serve immediately.






No comments:

Post a Comment