Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Italian Herb and Cheddar Loaf

Have you ever read somebodies blog, post or tweet and gotten so inspired that you felt you could do what they were talking about? Well, I have and I did... I LOVE reading Joy the Baker. Her style of writing and story telling is great and funny and charming... etc. She had a post the other day about an Italian Bread that she made, and I was bound and determined to make it. I went to the grocery store and looked for the "bread flour" that she talked about to no avail. They had cake flour and several other things, but not being a baker (I think I've said that before... I am NOT a baker! LOL) I'm not familiar with all the varieties of flour and baking mixes. I have a big ole bag of All-Purpose flour in my kitchen and that's all I use. I bake cakes and biscuits and a few other things when I need to, but I don't dream about baking. As a matter of fact, I kind of gave up on the idea of making the bread until I spied a box... Italian Bread Mix.
Fleischmann's Simply Homemade
No Knead Bread Mix
Italian Herb................... Just Add Water
................................... Less than 1 Hour
 Hmmm! That box has ME written all over it! I can fake that one! Ha! And if it turns out good, they have 3 other flavors too! Don't judge me... I said I'm not a baker!!! I look for any shortcut I can find when baking... I don't know why!

Well, I made the bread and being the 'dump cook' that I am (for those of you who are new here... a dump cook is one who just dumps stuff in a pot and cooks it! No measuring... no weighing!) I had to add some stuff in the mix...

I added about 1 1/2 cups of cubed sharp cheddar cheese.

 I cut 3 slits in the top and brushed it with olive oil.

I sprinkled it with Kosher Salt
and Cayenne Pepper for a kick!

DONE!

Breaking bread... It smells AWESOME!
Look at that cheese ooooosing out...

Tastes even better!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment