Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pulled Pork Chili


This was really a recipe that just kept growing. It's called add what you can find, when the pantry is extremely low! LOL  It started out as a pot of beans with some left over pork for seasoning. Then I thought to add some chili seasonings, and Pulled Pork Chili was done!


I started with one pound of dried kidney beans. I soaked them in hot water for a couple of hours. I rinsed them and put them in my stock pot with plenty of water or stock to cover them. I added some dried minced onion, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Cook them for a few hours or until nice and tender. I shredded some of the left over pork loin roast. and added it to the pot.

It was yummy on it's own!!!

I had a couple of packets of chili seasoning mix in the pantry, so I added one packet. The pork already had tons of flavor, so I really didn't have to add anything else. I did add some Colby/Jack Cheese and sour cream for garnish! Throw in some cornbread or crackers, and it's a one bowl comfort meal!


Ingredients:

1 lb dried Red Kidney Beans
4 cups water, or stock
1/2 tsp dried, minced onion
1 tsp minced garlic, or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

1-2 cups of shredded or pulled pork
4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika

2 tablespoons ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse and drain the beans several times. Add the water, onion, garlic and salt and pepper to a large pot and cook for a few hours or until beans are tender. Add the seasoning and stir until dissolved and mixed well. Stir in the pork and heat through. That's it! You're done!









No comments:

Post a Comment