Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 15, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

1- 16 oz can sweet potatoes or yams
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup low fat margarine
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 pinches ground cinnamon
1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Drain sweet potatoes and blend until creamy. In a large bowl, add potatoes and stir in the butter, brown sugar, orange juice and a dash of ground cinnamon. Spread the sweet potato mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle the miniature marshmallows over the top and bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my dishes that doesn't have a recipe but goes by the way I'm feeling and tasting that day. Folks like it enough that it's asked for in advance of a scheduled dinner/holiday. It was created by my love of the sweet potatoe pie my best friend from childhood (actually the woman my mother engaged to clean house and watch over me) would make as a special treat for the family. She also got me started on a life-long love of cookery by allowing me to watch and then help her as she prepared the familiy's meals. Some of the best foods are the ones made from the heart instead of a recipe...

    ReplyDelete