Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cornbread Dressing

This is very basic. You can add or remove veggies or the eggs. You can also add 1 t poultry seasoning. I don't use it because sage causes a heartburn problem in my family, but you can add it if you like!



2 (8.5 ounce) pkgs Jiffy corn bread mix
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bunch celery, chopped
6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 cups turkey stock
salt and pepper to taste

1. Prepare cornbread according to directions on package. Cool and crumble. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute the onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, onion, garlic, celery and eggs. Gently stir. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Add the chicken and turkey broth 1 cup at a time until the cornbread becomes moist but not wet.
5. Place stuffing into a casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour or until stuffing reaches a temperature of 175 degrees.

5 comments:

  1. I had a couple questions about the this recipe..Two 16 oz Jiffy cornbread;is that in the blue box and they are 8.5 oz or are you talking about something else? And can I use Turkey broth in place of stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are 8.5 each... I'll fix that. You can use turkey broth.

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy! It reminds me of my late aunt dressing. Since I was a child her dressing was my favorite part about the holidays. This will be our first year without her and I'm making the dressing. Your dressing looks similar to hers. I'm excited to try this recipe out in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like my Nannie's dressing, Yum! The only difference was that she also added a few homemade biscuits to crumble with the cornbread.

    ReplyDelete