Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pimento-less Cheese

I found out a long time ago that I cannot eat bell peppers of any kind. Even the smell brings on a level of heartburn that is miserable. I do however, love the flavor of a lot of the dishes that contain them. I have had to re-invent recipes to satisfy my craving for these dishes. Lately, I've seen many recipes for pimento cheese and read the raves on the wonderful tastes. So... I decided to make a pimento-less or 'mock' pimento cheese spread. I think it turned out really well! However, if you are a die hard pimento fan... add it in and you'll be very pleased!

Ingredients:
2 cups cheddar cheese
8oz cream cheese
2 T sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
4 cloves roasted garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt

Cream cheese goes in...
This recipe gave me a chance to use my new Cruisinart
PowerBlend Duet... "free" from the Pig!
"Free" means they made me pay the taxes on it :-(

The roasted garlic left over from
the chicken night before last.

Add the garlic, cheese, sour cream, lemon and seasonings...

Process until well combined...

I toasted it and made a sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment