Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pork Chop Scallopini



This is another one of those recipes that you can play with. Traditionally, this is made with veal, but you can make it with pork, chicken, turkey or venison. Basically it can be done with any meat or poultry that can be pounded thin. You can also play with the spices. I love garlic so I add garlic powder to the flour. I also like some lemon incorporated, so I substitute lemon pepper for the pepper. I also add a touch of lemon to the sauce. If you have followed my blog or read some of my recipe posts. You know that I never follow recipes to the letter and I hardly ever cook something the same each time. Recipes are suggestions! So, play with your food today!!!



2 boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley

Flatten cutlets to 1/8-in. thickness.
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chops; seal bag and shake to coat evenly. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add chops; cook over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Spoon over chops. Stir broth into skillet, stirring up any browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Pour over chops and mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment