Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sock It To Me Cake

Filling:
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
•1 cup chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients and set aside.


Cake:
•1 package golden cake mix
•4 large eggs
•1 cup sour cream
•1/3 cup vegetable oil
•1/4 cup water
•1/4 cup sugar
•2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, sugar and flour in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes with electric mixer. Pour 1/2 of batter into a greased 13 by 9-inch pan. Sprinkle streusel filling on top and swirl the filing. Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes invert onto serving plate, cool completely.

Glaze:
•1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
•2 tablespoons milk
•2 tablespoons lemon juice

Combine sugar, milk and lemon juice in bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cake.

1 comment:

  1. I see you use a boxed cake mix for your SITM cake. My grandmother did also and her cake was awesome! But I don't have her recipe so I tried a from-scratch version: I was very disappointed in the results. I guess in order for it to come out right, a boxed mix must be used. I'll try it with your recipe, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete