Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, June 24, 2013

Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole

I was looking for a side to go with the pork chops I baked last night. I was scouring my cabinets and pantry. At the end of the month, it seems that my pantry gets low. I live out in the country and don't get to the grocery store very often. So, I make do as well as possible until the next trip. Anyway, I had a few packets of mashed potato flakes that the hubby brought home a couple of weeks ago. So, I decided to use one and dress it up a little...



2 1/2 cups Mashed Potatoes
3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese (sharp or medium)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except 1/2 cup of cheese and bacon. Place in a casserole dish sprayed with oil. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese and bacon. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and hot.

The Hubby's Plate...






2 comments:

  1. Looks good. My husband would have loved this, except for the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight.... delicious! Made it with extra sharp white cheddar. Might add some minced chives next time.

    ReplyDelete