Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pizza Phyllo Packets

I was running low on groceries and scraping around for something to fix a starving teenager. I had the ingredients for pizza, but nothing for the crust. I remembered that I had phyllo dough in the freezer.


2 cups of cheese, I used Colby/Jack
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1 pkg pepperoni, chopped
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1 pkg Phyllo Dough Sheets

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Follow the directions on the phyllo dough to thaw and arrange sheets. Lay out one sheet of dough and brush with melted butter or lightly spray with oil. Repeat two more times. 

Mix all the ingredients, except dough, stirring til mixed.
Cut dough in half with a pizza cutter.
Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture at one end.


 Fold the end over forming a triangle... keep folding corner to corner.

 Tuck the end in on the last fold.

Arrange on a baking sheet covered in foil
and lightly sprayed with oil.
Lightly spray with packet. Bake for 20 minutes,
or until golden brown.

 OOPS! Well, maybe I can save them...


Well... they taste pretty good.








1 comment:

  1. I love that you are using phyllo dough! So crispy flakey yum!!

    ReplyDelete