Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, May 10, 2013

BBQ Baby Back Ribs


When I went to shop for a catering job, I notice that my local Piggly Wiggly grocery store had Baby Back Ribs on sale for $2.99 per pound. Here, that is an awesome deal. I actually bought 3 slabs of them. I've also been looking at a dry rub and finally decided to try it. I usually just use my house blend of salt, pepper and garlic, but this dry rub has caught my eye several times. I tend to stay away from spice blends that are loaded with paprika because to me, it makes them bitter. This blend has paprika, but it is very well balanced. The flavors blend very well, and none stands out to strong. Willie's Hog Dust is a very good dry rub for these ribs! I heard that the manager of The Pig uses it on his steaks every time he grills out! I'm sold!



1 slab of Baby Back Ribs
Willie's Hog Dust


Preheat oven to 275 degrees. I cut the ribs in half and heavily dusted the ribs with Willie's Hog Dust. Place them on a grill pan or a rack in a pan.


I cooked them for an hour 
and turned the pan for them to cook even. 


I cooked them for about 2 more hours.


Sauce:
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp butter
1 cup ketsup
1/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce


Saute onion and garlic in butter in a large pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove ribs from oven and slather heavily with sauce. Increase the heat to 300 degrees and return them to the oven for about 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and created a sticky glaze on the ribs. (Be careful not to let the sauce burn!)

Done!

This one has a sweet yet spicy rib sauce...

 This one has Daddy's BBQ Sauce...

 Potato Wedges on the Side...

This is when I remembered that 
I hadn't taken a picture of the finished ribs! LOL







12 comments:

  1. Oh my! That sounds and looks good. I've never been good with ribs but I'm gonna give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a Piggly Wiggly nearby, so I'll have to punt on the Hog Dust for now, but your sauce looks phenomenal, as evidenced by your photos. Happy Grilling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ribs look incredible! I wish we had a Piggly Wiggly!! Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hog dust? I love it! These ribs look delicious and I'm wishing we had a Piggly Wiggly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lawsy, hog dust and fries and that sauce recipe is great! Yeah, man, now this is fine eating at its best! Great buy on those ribs, LynnneeeePooooo !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say I rarely cook pork but this recipe has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so enticing, Lynn! Thanks for those great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE ribs, and they're always better with good, homemade sauce!

    ReplyDelete