Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brown Rice

This is the recipe that I use on Wednesdays for my church crowd. It feeds about 30 people per pan. I use 2" deep buffet pans. I have had a lot of people  ask how to make this much at one time. It's a good recipe when you are preparing for a reunion or church social. If you want to make a 13X9 pan, split the recipe in half.


Brown Rice for a Crowd


2 sticks Butter
1 Onion, sliced
6 cups Rice
4 cans sliced Mushrooms, with liquid
4 cans Beef Broth
4 cans Beef Consommé

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté onions in butter and put in shallow buffet pan. Stir in rice, and liquids. Add mushrooms and liquid. Cover and bake for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn!

    I just had to tell you how delighted I was to find this recipe today. Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete