Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, June 3, 2012

French Bread Pizza

For those that don't know... the hubby has 2 kidney stones, and we have been in and out of the hospital all week. He stayed overnight Friday and is scheduled for lithotripsy tomorrow morning. Friday night, I came home and fixed a quick supper for Elliott and me. We didn't have much of anything in the house, since I hadn't been grocery shopping in a while. I had an old loaf of french bread, some sauce in the freezer and mozzarella cheese in the frig.

I zapped a couple of cubes of sauce...I had made a batch of sauce, put it in popsicle molds and popped them in a zip-loc bag for later use. I hollowed out the bread a little and spread on the sauce. 

I dumped on the cheese and topped it with Basil and Kosher salt. 

 It baked for about 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

Mmmmmmm!!! 

Nice little supper!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy to me and I hope the hubs is all better soonest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the best kind of meals. My Granny taught me to "make good with what you've got" and that's exactly what you did. Nicely done, Lynn!

    Prayers for a speedy recovery for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go dear Lynn! And to Jackie... Amen, Sistah! That's exactly what my grandmother did too! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete