Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fish Fry


I've been craving fried fish for a while now. When I took Craig to the hospital for his kidney stones, I saw a sign at the IGA (independent grocers association) announcing that they has Tilapia on sale. They were selling it frozen, individually wrapped (vacuum sealed) and by the 3 pound bags. I had to get a bag. I've already made 2 meals out of it (baked and fried), and I have enough left for another meal. In this picture... I had to go watch Elliott do a jump on his dirt bike, and Craig wasn't watching the temp... so they got a little brown, but they were very delicious, not burnt at all!!!


Easy Fish Fry
  • Fish... catfish, brim, etc (This time I used Tilapia)
  • Oil for frying
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
Mix flour, cornmeal and seasonings in a plastic container with lid (big enough to fit fish inside). Place fish in one at a time and carefully shake. Remove fish and fry in deep fryer set at 350 degrees until golden brown and fish floats.

My plate... with two sauces!

Cocktail Sauce

1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
dash Worcestershire sauce
few drops hot sauce
salt to taste

Combine and blend all ingredients well.

Tartar Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon minced onion (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.






No comments:

Post a Comment