Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Steak Smothered with Chicken, Onion Mushrooms and Cheese

I don't know about you, but I think that Smothered Steak and Chicken is a VERY romantic meal... and I don't know very many men that would disagree. I know that Champagne and Strawberries should be my favorite, being a woman, but I say give me a steak any day!

My brother, Charlie shared this with me... A meal to melt anyone's heart this Valentine's Day! This is his conversation with me on how to do it...


Think about combining this...                            







                            with this...









"Take your steak and marinate it in your favorite marinade. Marinade your chicken breast usually in Italian dressing of some sort... your favorite. Grill the chicken breast and let it rest a minute. Grill your steak on one side. Cut the chicken in thin slices like for a sandwich. Turn your steak to grill the other side and layer the chicken on top. Top with black olives and caramelized onion and mushrooms. Finish of with Monteray Jack Cheese. That's good stuff..."

I think that speaks for itself...
I usually caramelized an onion (sliced) in about a tablespoon of butter until the onions are golden brown.
I saute the mushrooms (1 pkg fresh, sliced) in a tablespoon of butter, a clove of garlic, minced and a few shakes of soy sauce until the mushrooms have cooked off their juices and get a little color on them. (about 10 minutes)
As far as marinades, I usually like to try a good teriyaki on the steak and Balsamic Vinaigrette for the chicken.

2 comments:

  1. I now want hamburger steak w/ onions and mushrooms.... mmmm Thank you for making my mouth start to water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn! I love it, even though I don't think of it as romantic. Steak, onions and mushrooms are very hard to beat in my book :) And what I love the best about the recipe is the conversation w/ your brother. Cool.

    ReplyDelete