Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tip of the day... Powdered Buttermilk!

Have you ever bought buttermilk for a recipe and ended up throwing half of it away? I have! I buy buttermilk for about $2 or $3 for a small container. I use half and I throw the rest away. (After I find it in the back of the frig months later!) Here's a great money saver!!!

Saco Buttermilk Powder makes about 3.75 quarts of buttermilk and costs around $4! I found it at my local Piggly Wiggly grocery store for a little less than $4. When baking, you just mix the powder with your dry ingredients and add water where it calls for the buttermilk. I used it in my Mama's Red Velvet Cake and it worked perfectly!


Buttermilk Powder
4 tbsps powder = 1 cup buttermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment