Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oatmeal Craisin Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks

I bought some craisins the other day thinking that my son would love them. He and my husband like raisins, and they both like sour flavors. I had them try them, (proud of myself for finding something different that I knew they'd love) and I asked them, "How do you like them???" Their response was... "Eh, not so much." Sooooo, I decided to put them in a traditional Oatmeal and Raisin cookie recipe... With a Twist.
See what you think.



2/3 cup margarine, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 5-ounce package Dried Cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Using an electric mixer, beat margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment