Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Deviled Eggs

A few weeks ago, I had a request to make deviled eggs for a lady at church. She presented me with a dozen eggs. I told her, "You do know that makes 24 deviled eggs?" She said, "Yeah! What's your point???" LOL She has always said that she loves my deviled eggs! I guess so!!!


6 eggs, hard cooked and peeled

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish (optional)**
pinch of salt 
fresh ground black pepper

Cut eggs in half. Arrange egg whites cut side up on a serving plate and put the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, pickle and salt and pepper. Mash and stir all ingredients together well. 

* I insert a plastic bag into a cup or plastic container...

 Seal the bag releasing all the air...

Clip a corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze to fill each egg.

 Oops! The bag split... LOL

Bunches of eggs... on a mission! 


Ready to be packed up and go to Miss Cyndi's house! :-)


*If you are doing a small batch, just spoon a little bit of the mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle eggs with red pepper or paprika, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

** Tip of the day... If you have someone that doesn't like the pickle chunks, or kids that just don't like green stuff. Use pickle juice instead of the pickle relish. I do it all the time and noone ever notices! They even comment that they like mine because there isn't any pickles in it! You can do the same thing with onion!




1 comment:

  1. This is exactly how I make mines, and I love it with the pickle relish.

    ReplyDelete