Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Easy Peasy Cinnamon Rolls

Yesterday, in-between rain showers, I went shopping for my usual catering job on each Wednesday night. While rambling around the grocery store, I thought I'd like to make some orange rolls or cinnamon rolls. I thought that while looking at the cans of the pre-made dough... the kind my hubby likes to buy and bring home to cook. I decided to go a step farther (Remember now, I always tell you... I'm not a baker!). I picked up a container (ok...yeah! It was a can!) of crescent rolls.  I knew that I had everything else at home. As a matter of fact, I picked up two cans, in case I goofed! I am not a baker... LOL

1 can Crescent Rolls
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon flour
1- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 cup 10X sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Mix the sugar and milk in a small bowl and set aside...

I unrolled the sheets (on wax paper) in two sections,
mainly because it fell apart. Press the seems together.

Mix together the cinnamon, sugar and flour. 

Generously cover the dough sheets with the cinnamon mixture. 

Then, roll them up as tightly as you can,
but don't mash them or the seams will come apart. 

I put them in a small cake pan (6") lightly sprayed with oil.

I mashed them down a bit... 

...and sprinkled them with a little of the
cinnamon mixture that was left on the paper.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
or until golden brown and all puffed up in the center.
Drizzle glaze over hot rolls!

Done... picture with flash.

Done... picture without flash.
I can't decide which picture I like best...



2 comments:

  1. I like the picture without flash better. I rarely use flash unless I absolutely have to. Anytime you can use natural light, you should forego the flash. You get a better picture. Although the subject looks really yummy in both pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I've never been a fan of those other ones, They always seem so dense and cardboard like. These sound like they'd be light and fluffy. Gotta try em, Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete