Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Greek Shrimp and Rice

I was looking through Mama's cookbooks looking for something different. I found an old fund raiser cookbook from 1975 called Santee Supper ~ A Book Of Recipes From The South Carolina Lowcountry. I found this seafood recipe, and I had everything on hand! I added Cavender's Greek Seasoning, of course!



Greek Shrimp and Rice 

1 medium onion, chopped

2 tablespoons butter

1 ½ cups cooked rice

1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined

½ cup Feta cheese crumbles

1 can petite diced tomatoes with juice

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tablespoon Cavender’s Greek Seasoning

Sprinkle of dill weed 

Salt and Pepper, to taste*


Sauté onions in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and Greek Seasoning to onions. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.


Lower heat to medium. Add rice and stir until rice is heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and dill weed.


I added kalamata olives to my plate,
 because the hubby doesn't care for them in his. 


No comments:

Post a Comment