Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Easter Egg Potato Salad


This is a fun recipe to make with the kids! Boil eggs and peel them before you dye them. It makes a pretty potato salad when added to it! Here is the process and the complete recipe for a smaller batch is at the bottom of the post. 


First, I made up the dye for the eggs...

Then I added the eggs... 
I used clear glasses so you could see them in the dye.

These turned pretty, but the yellow is a waste of time. 
I didn't think about it blending in with the salad, 
so I didn't have enough color!
For even more color, cut the eggs in half and remove the
yolks before dyeing them.


Not so pretty ones...

I chopped up the eggs. 
They are pretty enough by themselves!

I added mayo, sour cream, a tiny bit of spicy mustard,
lemon, basil, garlic, sweet pickle cubes, and S&P.
I would have added the red, yellow and green 
bell peppers and sweet onion, but my crowd won't eat it!

The result... a big ole 20 lb bowl of
Easter Egg Potato Salad!

6 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
4 eggs, boiled and peeled1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish*
pinch of salt
fresh ground black pepper

Cut eggs in half and remove yolks and place. Chop egg whites and place in a large bowl with the cubed potatoes. Mash yolks with fork then stir in mayonnaise, mustard, pickle and salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and eggs. Stir all ingredients together well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

* If you don't like the bits of pickle in the potato salad, or if you have a little one that doesn't like pickle, just add 1 tsp of sweet pickle juice from the relish jar. They will never know. I do this for my church crowd, and they always tell me that they love it! Onion is also optional. If you like the flavor, but not chunks of onion, grate the onion and add about a teaspoon to the salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment