Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A Request for Too Much Chocolate Cake for the Hubby's Birthday Today!


I made this cake for my hubby's birthday today. He says, "There's no such thing as too much chocolate!" Here's the recipe. It's my kind of baking... simple, easy, very little measuring and just plain good! I did use Cream Cheese Icing at his request! 

Too Much Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mix, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well-greased 12 cup Bundt pan.* Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

* I didn't have my Bundt pan so I used 2 8x8 pans. 

2 comments: