Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fish Fry... with two sauces for dipping!

Thanks to my brother Charlie, I am stocked up on catfish once again. 



He is my main source, and why not? He brought in this 42 pounder!



I have already baked some in the oven with onion and lemon. (my favorite way to bake fish) So now on to frying some! 



















Easy Fish Fry
  • Fish... catfish, cut into nuggets
  • Oil for frying
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
Mix flour, cornmeal and seasonings in a plastic container with lid (big enough to fit fish inside). Place fish in the flour mixture and carefully shake. Remove fish and fry in deep fryer set at 350 degrees until golden brown and fish floats.

I didn't have any relish for the tartar sauce,
so I just left it out. It was still very tasty!

Cocktail Sauce

1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
dash Worcestershire sauce
few drops hot sauce
salt to taste

Combine and blend all ingredients well.

Tartar Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon minced onion (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl, mix ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.






12 comments:

  1. Yummmm! Looks and sounds delicious! I dice up my bread and butter pickles for relish, works great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killin' me, LynnneeePooooo! I love me some good catfish and this is perfect!! What a catch...you lucky girl!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great... I love fried catfish!!! will be using this recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!! That's a FISH!! Loving the recipe. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM! I will have mine with no sauce please. Perfect as is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fried catfish, and your recipe looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll just have to visit so I can try my first catfish!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering just thinking about how delicious those fish nuggets are... Great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete