Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Onion Soup Mix... for Pot Roast



I wanted to make a pot roast using onion soup mix and my pickled garlic, but I didn't have any mix left in the pantry. So, I made some myself. After searching the web and consolidating the results, I came up with this one...

2 tablespoons minced, dried onion
1 teaspoon onion powder
4 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix together and store in a zip-loc bag.
Makes the equivalent of one package of soup mix.

I followed my usual method for my pot roast... except for the garlic. I used my pickled garlic this time.



1 small roast (able to fit in a crock pot)
1 pack of onion soup mix
1/2 cup (or so) water
6 cloves pickled garlic, sliced thin

Add to the crock pot and cook on low for about 8 hours.


I went to put it up after everyone ate... this is all that was left.
I guess the pickled garlic was pretty good! LOL





2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! We are on low sodium diets, and I have salt free bullion! I can do this!!

    ReplyDelete