Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, April 8, 2013

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Mama's Slaw and Baked Beans... at the 1st Annual Adult Easter Egg Hunt!



This pasted weekend, I hosted the 1st Annual Adult Easter Egg Hunt. No... by "adult", I mean that this was an Egg Hunt for big "kids". Last year, I shared with my friends that the Hubby and I hide eggs for the kids as usual, but my son stared a tradition of them hiding eggs for the hubby and me. I got such response to that, that it wound up leading to the 1st Annual Egg Hunt for Adults! :-)

We had such fun! Not only did we have an egg hunt, we also had Redneck Golf, Carolina/Clemson Corn Hole Games and many egg games including Easter Egg Boccie Ball and the Spoon Race.






Everyone had fun! So much fun to get together and relax and play... even pulling out a blanket and chillin' out on the lawn!




BBQ Pulled Pork Sammies

Whole Boston Butt
1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar
Kosher Salt

Black Pepper
Garlic Powder



Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Pour about 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar over the pork, and then coat with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake  the Boston Butt at 250 degrees for about 6-8 hours uncovered... until the bone slides out easily and clean. I picked the fat off, and it actually fell apart easily... no fork shredding necessary! Then I added Daddy's BBQ Sauce to it. 


This time I used a Hamilton Beach Automatic Roasting Oven that Pixie gave me. Put the pork in it on 225 degrees and 12 midnight and Craig cut it off before he left for work. 




Baked Beans*

2 cans Baked Beans, drain some of the juice
4 slices Bacon or salt pork, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup ketsup
2 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
Black Pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking dish lightly with oil. In a large bowl, combine ingredients, then pour into the baking dish. Bake for 30-45 minutes uncovered.

* This time I used a crock pot to cook them and I added some of "Daddy's BBQ Sauce to them! YUM!





1 comment: