Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Alligator Stew!

You may remember several months ago, my daughter-in-law brought me two packages of Alligator meat that her brother got from a hunt they went on last year. I took one package and fried it. It turned out tougher than I hoped because it was chunk meat and not cutlets from the tail. So, I decided to cook it like a beef stew or roast. I cooked it long enough for the tissues to break down and render tender pieces of meat! You can also do this with pork. You'll basically get the same taste. Alligator has much of the same taste and texture as pork loin.


2 pounds Alligator Meat, cut into chunks **

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 soup can of water
2 teaspoons minced, dried onion

1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the meat in a casserole dish. Mix the other ingredients together and pour over the meat. Cook in the oven 2-3 hours or until the meat falls apart when pressed with a fork.

**You can substitute pork loin cut into chunks for the alligator meat.**




No comments:

Post a Comment