Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mama’s Date & Nut Bread

This is my Grandmama Bradham’s Recipe. Notice that I included the notes that my Mama wrote to me on each recipe. She always had little hints and ideas to give me on all her recipes. I know that those are the really good ones and sure to please!

1 ½ cups boiling Water
½ pound Dates, pitted and cut
3 T Butter
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 T Vanilla
3 cups Flour
2 t Baking Soda
¼ t Salt
1 cup Pecans, chopped

Combine boiling water, dates and butter. Cool. In another bowl, mix flour, soda and salt… then and sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Add date mixture and stir in nuts. Bake in 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans for 1 hour at 350.

Note: “Delicious sliced and spread with cream cheese”
Pineapple & cream cheese too!


Pineapple Cream Cheese Spread:

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained

In a bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple. Chill. 
(Remember to taste as you are combining, the pineapple may not be sweet enough for you. Add sugar 1/2 teaspoon at the time, until it is sweet enough.)

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, I'm pretty sure your Grandmama Bradham and my grandmother were related! :)

    ReplyDelete