Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Restaurant Dinner Rolls


Since I've decided to face my fear of baking breads and rolls, I wanted to make bread like some restaurants serve. Since my son was very little, his favorite is Outback's Black bread served on its own cutting board with a knife and cup of butter. I used the recipe for Dark & Soft Restaurant Dinner Rolls Recipe | King Arthur Baking. <---- Click for the recipe.

It called for straight molasses, but we don't like the strong flavor, so I substituted brown sugar. It has a milder molasses flavor. I didn't have the ratio quite right, but they turned out great. I found out I needed to double the amount of brown sugar when substituting for the molasses. I'll fix that next time. 


Ready to rest for an hour or so.

Second rise

The hubby ate these! 

This recipe made 12 large rolls! 

I'll be making these again! 






1 comment: