Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rustic Country-Style Mashed Taters


Last night, I put the slab of ribs in the oven, and I started wondering what to do for a side. I thought that Pan Fried Potatoes and Onions would be great! I oiled the pan, and I sliced all the potatoes and cut the onions into chunks. I dumped them into the hot pan and added salt, pepper and minced garlic. Well, I got side tracked, and the potatoes stuck to the bottom of the pan really bad stuck. Nothing was burnt, so I decided to just give up on that and add some beef broth to loosen up all those brown bits in the bottom, and I stirred them unto the potato mixture. The hubby look at the pan and asked, "Soooo, what is this?" I said, "Let's just call them 'Rustic Mashed Potatoes'!" "Sounds good to me!" LOL

2 large Baking Potatoes, sliced
4 small Onions, cubed
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Oil
1 cup Beef Broth

Pour oil in the pan and heat over medium heat, and add potatoes and onions. Cook covered until a crust forms on the bottom of the potatoes, add garlic and flip potatoes. When the potatoes are brown, push the potatoes and onions to one side. Pour half the broth on the browned crust in the bottom of the pan and loosen the bits with a spatula. Push the potato mixture to the other side and repeat the process. When all the crust and brown bits are loosened, stir the potatoes to incorporate all the seasoning from the browned crust and bits. Add more broth if needed. Check for seasonings, and serve, with some Baby Back Ribs!




Baby Back Ribs

1 comment: