Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, March 25, 2013

Dill Pickles... Easy Canning!

I got inspired when we visited Old McCaskills Farm when I peeked in their canning room...


I stopped and bought about 15 pickling cucumbers...




Dill Pickles

30 pickling cucumbers
1 pickling mix package (I use MrsWages dill mix)
7 1/3 cups water
3 1/3 cups white vinegar
1/8 tsp dill weed per jar
1 tsp chopped garlic per jar

Boil mixture. Pack jars with dill, garlic and sliced pickles. Pour mixture over cucumbers leaving 1/2 inch. Then follow canning instructions.

My son is such a pickle expert. LOL  He loves them and eats at least a gallon jar full each week. He kept asking me when they'd be ready. I kept telling him in 24 hours! I went to town, and when I got back (before the 24 hours were up!) this is what I found!

He also adds extra garlic to his!


I guess they are good! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I got some canning jars,they're the quarts kind.I, also have the dill pickling pack,I'm missing the garlic and the dill weed.I have the dill seeds,I wonder if that makes a difference or not.Anyways,I always thought about slicing the cucumbers up since I have smaller jars to work with.I'm a have to get the garlic and the dill weed to try your recipe for canning pickles.

    ReplyDelete