Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, November 19, 2012

Pork Moscato

Yesterday, I set out to make several special dishes and a few new dishes to try out before company arrives for the holidays. I made my list for the hubby to pick up while he was out. He planned to do the manly thing a make a run to Lowes, so I tacked on a trip to The Pig (Piggly Wiggly grocery store). It was rainy and cold so he tells me late in the afternoon that he has talked himself out of going because its cold and raining. I'm left in mid-cook mode with unfinished dishes. Time to switch gears and go into improvise and save mode... after ditching the kill hubby mode! Sooooo... I came up with the Pork Moscato and made a simple dressing and gravy. Oh my goodness, after tasting the pork, the hubby says that I should thank him for making me do the pork this way! Yeah! That's gonna happen!!!


4 lbs Pork Roast
1 cup Moscato Wine
Carrots, cut into sticks
Onions, quartered
Cherry Tomatoes
Banana Pepper Rings
4 cloves garlic
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mince garlic and combine with salt and pepper to make a paste. Rub on the fat side of the pork. Pour wine into the roasting pan. Place pork, skin side up in the wine. (so the garlic rub doesn't wash off) Place the rest of the ingredients in the pan and cover. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Uncover and either broil or cook until the fat is browned and a crust forms. 

 Ready for the oven!

After 1 1/2 hours in the oven and browning time for the crust... 

Prettiest view :-) 

Remove the pork and slice. Spoon the juices over the meat.
Add the veggies to the plate and serve!

My plate with a side of dressing and gravy! It was yummy!



2 comments:

  1. I have got to try this.. its looks and sounds delicious and so simple!
    Just what we need after a hard days carpet cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look delicious! And easy. Definitely going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete