Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, August 18, 2023

Mama's Blueberry Cheese Pie

I received the most precious gift in the mail earlier this month. I knew my Aunt Una was sending me some holiday magazines, but what a treasure when a little magazine attached with handwritten recipes Mama shared with her dropped out the envelope!!!



Mama's Recipe Card in her own handwriting! 



The bonus was I didn't have two of the recipes she shared in my collection! I am so glad to have them now. I had to make them and blog about them. Here's the first since I had blueberries in the freezer.



Mama's Blueberry Cheese Pie

8oz package Cream Cheese
1 1/3 cups Condensed Milk
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually stir in condensed milk until thoroughly blended. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla until combined. Pour into a 9in baked pie crust.* Refrigerate until firm. Garnish with topping.

Topping:
1 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp corn starch**
2 cups blueberries
1 cup water

In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Measure 1/2 cup blueberries and crush them. Add crushed berries and water to saucepan. Cook over medium heat; stir constantly until thickened and clear. Cool. Arrange remailing blueberries on the pie. Pour the glaze over the top. 

* I used a pre-made graham cracker crust but make sure it is a 9-inch. You'll have more room for the topping. 8-inch crusts will displace the topping and make a mess! (as you can see in my picture) 

** I adjusted the amount of cornstarch because the topping wasn't as thick as I'd like it to be. It's more like a sauce with the original recipe.








1 comment: