Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Homemade Fajita Seasoning & Southern Bite's Fajita Chicken Casserole

My foodie friend Stacey over at Southern Bite shared a recipe for Fajita Chicken Casserole back in February, and I like many people pinned it and forgot about it. I was looking for something different to cook for Tuesday's Casserole Day last week, and I remembered his casserole. I quickly got word out that this one was on the menu! It smells heavenly as it cooks and tastes delicious! Click on the link above for his recipe and gorgeous photographs of this yummy casserole! Also, check out my recipe for homemade fajita seasoning mix below! It is super simple and might save you a dollar or two!

Mine is not as pretty as his, but boy howdy is it good!!!
I admit that I do not follow direction well,
but I do play well with others! LOL
I misread the recipe and used regular rice that I had cooked,
so I had to change things up. 
Follow his direction, and you will be fine!

My seasoning mix!

Homemade Fajita Seasoning

¼ cup Chili Powder
2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
2 tablespoons Paprika
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
1 tablespoon Cumin Powder

Mix in a bowl, and store in an airtight container until ready to use. Use about 1 teaspoon, or to taste, per chicken breast or steak when making fajitas.





No comments:

Post a Comment