Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Vidalia Onion Rings

Well, this has been a challenging week. My laptop screen got cracked and nobody knows how it happened. OK! I ordered a new laptop and it should be here Wednesday. In the meantime, I am working through the cracks in the screen. I got to show the hubby something and didn't realize the camera was still attached to the USB. Down the camera goes to the floor! Long story short? Camera doesn't work now! My son took the pictures for this post. Not my usual look and angles... thanks for helping Mama out Elliott!


I used some of the Vidalia Onions that I got a couple of weeks ago! I cut thick slices and dredged them in flour. I made a tempura batter (click for the link). Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Dip the floured onion rings in the batter and completely coat. Let them drip off a bit. Drop into hot oil. when brown on the bottom, flip with a couple of wooden skewers and brown the other side. (Like a donuts) Drain on paper towels. Season and serve with your favorite sauce!





No comments:

Post a Comment