Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, September 6, 2013

Cubed Steak Scallopini




Traditionally, this dish is made with veal, but you can make it with pork, chicken, turkey, beef or venison. Basically it can be done with any meat or poultry that can be pounded thin. You can also change the spices. I love garlic so I add garlic powder to the flour. I sometimes like some lemon incorporated, so I substitute lemon pepper for the pepper. If you have followed my blog or read some of my recipe posts, you know that I never follow recipes to the letter, and I hardly ever cook something the same each time. I like to think of recipes as suggestions. So, make the recipe conform to your taste.

6 Cubed Steaks, soaked in milk or buttermilk
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup beef broth

1 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce

In a flat dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add cubed steaks one at a time and coat evenly. In a skillet, heat butter and oil. Add steak; cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place steaks in a 13x9 casserole dish. Add enough broth to come to the sides of the steaks. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed.


In a sauce pan, melt butter and add mushrooms, soy sauce and garlic; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon over steaks. I served them with Seasoned Butter Beans.






No comments:

Post a Comment