Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, September 8, 2014

Greek Pork Loin with Red Potatoes and Green Beans

I'm used to doing Greek Chicken and potatoes, but I wanted something different. I had a 1/4 of a pork loin left in the freezer so I changed things up a bit. I dusted it very generously with Greek Seasoning and poured lemon juice in the bottom of the pan. I also added potatoes and green beans sprinkled with Greek Seasoning.

Good Dark Crispy Coating on the Loin!

Pork Loin
Cavender's Greek Seasoning
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
6-8 small Red Potatoes
Green Beans

Preheat oven to 400. Place loin in a casserole dish fat side up. Dust pork loin with Cavender's Greek Seasoning very, very generously and pour lemon juice in the bottom of the dish. (not on the loin) Cover and bake for 1 hour so the lemon juice steams into the loin. Then add the potatoes and green beans. Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning and return to the oven (Uncovered) to cook another 1/2 hour or until center reaches 145 degrees and the fat and seasonings forms a dark crispy coating. Remove from oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes. A great one dish meal! Everything was done at the same time!

I pulled a few chunks off the side of the roast... 
you know that good juicy darker meat?
Oh my Lawd, it's so good!


** You can also add a little butter or margarine to the pan drippings and make a sauce to drizzle over the entire plate. All the flavors compliment each other well!

9 comments:

  1. i'm going to go and find some greek seasoning and try this. my mouth is drooling as i type

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to get some of that seasoning! We love pork loin and greek flavors so this is perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell the beautiful odor coming from your kitchen, Lynn! I so love your home-style cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than a good roast... This looks amazing, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Greek seasoning so I know I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good and will make it very soon. I love all your recipes.

    ReplyDelete