Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Roasted Pickled Garlic Aioli

Some of you may remember my post on Pickled Garlic. If not you can click on the link and review it. Well, I wanted to do a garlic mayo, so I decided to use my pickled garlic. What could be better?


5-6 large cloves of pickled garlic
1
teaspoon olive oil
2 egg yolks**
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup light olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place garlic cloves in an aluminum packet. Drizzle with oil. Place in the oven and roast for 25-35 minutes until the garlic is soft. 

They look like they are burnt,
but that is where the bruises were,
and they took on a burnt color.

Once cooked, pinch cooked garlic out of each clove.

Since mine was already peeled,
I ran it through my garlic press a few times.
That caught the tougher skin and ends.

In a food processor, place roasted garlic, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Process the mixture until smooth. Very slowly, drizzle oil into the processor with the motor running. To ensure proper emulsification, pour the oil in very, very slowly. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

The Aioli may be kept 5-7 days
in the refrigerator.



** If you are not sure of your eggs, or are cautions about using raw eggs. Coddle the eggs... Coddling Eggs




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didn't notice that you made an Aioli until I was catching up looking through your pics! Yours looks much tastier than mine, of course! I was looking for your Voila! Hallah Breads.

      Delete