Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Shepherd's Pie


I was asked to make a post on my Shepherd's Pie. I hadn't because I really didn't think anyone needed a recipe. I don't think of it being a "recipe" to follow. It's just something I throw together... but here goes.

The pictures below are of my Shepherd's Pie at church for about 50 people in 2 buffet pans. So, the amounts are different when I do such a large batch. All the amounts are up to you and your taste. Use more cheese if you like, or more potatoes etc.

2 pounds Hamburger, cooked and drained
4 cups Mashed Potatoes*
8 oz Sour Cream
Butter, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cook the hamburger seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Some people add diced onion while the meat is cooking.
Drain the hamburger, but don't let it dry out.
It helps keep the meat moist!

 Mix the potatoes, butter and sour cream.
Add seasonings such as salt, pepper and garlic powder
and spread over the meat mixture!

Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees
until the cheese is melted and golden brown!

*Tips... As a short cut and time saver at church, I use potato pearls (They are dehydrated potato pieces). It's your choice. You can use homemade or instant! Also a lot of people add corn between the meat and potatoes. I have some people at church that can't have corn, so I serve it on the side instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment