Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Elliott's Old School Country Ham

The other day the hubby and my son Elliott went to the grocery store. Elliott picked up a couple of packs of country ham pieces. When he got home, he asked me how you cook it. I told him that I usually cook it in the cast iron skillet. He told me, "No, Mama! For Country Ham, we are going old school!" He told me to find an old skillet that he could use outside. I came out back and found this...

 He cut vents in the bottom of a #10 vegetable can

so the fire could get air and he could add more wood.

He stoked the fire.

When the pan was hot enough, he added the ham.
Nothing like cooking "old school"!
Here are some recipes that you can make using country ham!







No comments:

Post a Comment