Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sausage, Onion and Greek Potatoes

This is always a good recipe when the pantry and frig get low. With three basic ingredients, it's quick and easy! It's also a good meal for the meat and potatoes man/woman in the house!



1 pound of Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
4 or 5 potatoes, boiled and cut into slices
1 large onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
Oil
Lemon Juice
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Saute sausage and potatoes in a cast iron frying pan in a little oil over a medium heat... just enough oil to keep it from sticking, because the sausage will render some fat. Cook until sausage and potatoes take on some good color... about 15-20 minutes. Add the onion and garlic. Sprinkle well with lemon juice, and add about 2 tbsp of Greek seasonings. Toss and transfer the frying pan to the oven, and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized.



Shared on Meal Plan Monday 

21 comments:

  1. What a delicious and simple dinner idea! I am featuring you this week, over at Simple Supper Tuesday. We hope you can join us again, starting Monday night at 8pm EST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much! I have been so busy the past few weeks! I will be back! :-)

      Delete
  2. How much lemon juice exactly? Specifies all other ingredients but not lemon juice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had mine to taste, but probably about 1/4 cup. Add a little and when it's done taste it. Add more if you like. I like mine lemony.

      Delete
  3. Do you use fresh or cooked Kielbasa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used packaged Kielbasa from Carolina Pride, sliced and browned in a skillet.

      Delete
  4. How long do you boil the potatoes for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to boil them. I do as a short cut. If you boil them, boil until they are starting to get tender or done.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing at Meal Plan Monday! This is optional, but for a chance to be featured don't forget to link back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What else would you serve this with? I need suggestions. Another meat or veggies-or salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it as a one pot meal, but you could serve a salad and garlic bread, or maybe corn on the cob and french bread or cheese biscuits?

      Delete
  7. Just cooked this but instead used some Mint & Rosemary Lamb sausages and added some sliced mushrooms. Quite scrumptious the end result for something so simple. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you really didn't "cook this"...you used different meat and added something else to it. A different recipe almost completely, lol

      Delete
  8. Honestly, Lynn, there's nothing better than this skillet of yumminess! So simple and perfect for any night! Of course, I would eat the entire skillet!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know every time I visit your blog, there is something hearty and delicious waiting for me to enjoy! Love your recipes, Lynn, and this sounds so good! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is delicious comfort food that is just the way we like and I can't wait to try this yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo! I can taste it all already! looks perfect for meeee!! one of my favorite combos in a skillet too - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what I’m having for dinner tonight. Thank you for the idea and the recipe. It looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete