Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes

I was asked to write down and post my recipe for twice baked potatoes. Again, it depends on what I have on hand or what flavors I might be craving that day. This time I used the cheese that I had on hand which was a combo of cheddar and mozzarella. I also added a little garlic powder. Feel free to use your own add-ins such a chives, parsley or onion!


3 large baking potatoes 
¼ cup butter 
¼ cup bacon bits 
¼ cup sour cream 
1 ½ cups Colby Jack cheese 
2 T milk 
Salt, to taste 
Freshly ground black pepper 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Spray them oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 1 hour. Pierce with a fork to check for doneness. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into a mixing bowl. Leave a small rim of potato. Be careful not to break the shell. Place the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.

Smash the potatoes while adding butter, milk, bacon, sour cream and salt. Add 1 cup of cheese; mix together well.

Fill the potato shells with the filling. Top each potato with a little more grated cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown.


2 comments:

  1. I so want to move right in, be an adopted daughter. :-) Been going through your posts... Makes my mouth water... :-) Lisa koopman from facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! :-)
      Come on over, and I'll start the paperwork! LOL

      Delete