Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Country-Style Steak

When I'm at home, I fix country-style steak the traditional southern way. I coat it in seasoned flour and fry it in oil until done, then I smother it in gravy, letting it simmer until fork tender. However, when I'm cooking for my Wednesday night crowd at church, time does not permit me to fry every piece of cube steak... 60+ pieces. So, I adapted my recipe to allow me to fix it for them. Some of you may enjoy this as a healthier way to eat country-style steak. I hope you do!



Family pack of cube steak... about 6-8 pieces
Salt, pepper and garlic powder

Family size can of cream of mushroom soup (or 2 regular cans)
Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce, about 1 tsp

Sprinkle cube steak with seasonings and place in a 13x9 pan sprayed with oil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until done. Do not drain. Remove meat and add soup and Kitchen Bouquet. Stir until blended and replace meat to pan. Cover and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until tender. Serve with mashed potatoes, sweet peas and biscuits for a good ole southern dinner.





Lodge Logic Dutch Oven, 5qt. (Google Affiliate Ad)

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite recipe for cube steaks. So easy to make and turns out perfect every time

    ReplyDelete