Print This Recipe


Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fresh Herb Salt


1/2 cup packed fresh herb leaves (I used basil)
1/2 cup course sea salt
1 cup regular sea salt, or a flaky kosher salt

Wash and dry your fresh herbs. Remove stems and place in a processor. No need for chopping. Add a 1/2 cup of very course sea salt. This will help to chopped the basil very fine. Chop until it all is the size of regular sea salt or kosher salt. Add the cup of kosher salt and continue to process for a few seconds, until it is all incorporated. Spread the mixture out on a flat dish or pan and left dry out of a couple of hours. If you live out in the country like I do... It might be a good idea to sit the pan in a cooled oven (Do not turn the oven on!) so it doesn't attrack any bugs (flies, gnats, "no-see-ems" as my Dad calls them, etc).

Ingredients makes about 1 1/2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this Lynn :) I can hardly wait for my new food processor to get here... should have been here Friday, so I have high hopes for today! xoxo

    ReplyDelete